Thread: Fuel MPG
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 10:28 PM   #19
samcrimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob86ZZ4 View Post
Just got back from a 2800 mile trip. From Minnesota to Idaho and back. Lots of climbing/descending out there. I was pulling my enclosed trailer with a Honda Pilot in it. The Pilot is 4800 lbs. and my trailer empty is 3k lbs. Plus we threw a bunch of stuff in the trailer. It felt a lot heavier than when we're taking the Corvette to the track. I think I got 7.5 mpg for the lowest and 8.7 for the highest mpg calculations. I always fill up until it clicks off and do the math on paper. My speedometer and odometer are both off since I switched to 11R22.5 tires. They are a bit larger diameter than the original 275/80R/22.5 tires. When I switched to the larger tires it gave me a noticeable reduction in rpm's when cruising. But I also notice my speedo/odo are off. Checking speed with GPS shows when the speedo is showing 65 mph I'm actually going about 67-68. So that means that my miles are off. Which means I'm actually getting better mpg than what my math shows. I'm planning to contact the FL dealer to see if they can adjust my speedo/odo with a computer of something. When I'm cruising at a shown 66-67 mph my rpm's are about 1425-50.

My Speedo is off too and come to think of it, it makes a differents when I put the pencil to the mileage....mmm The speedo is like yours Bob gps 65 and showing 67 68. But I am turning 1500 at 65 gps. I under stand they are dip switches to change the speed. My fuse cover is blank.

Sam
2005 Renegade #1204 42 footer Columbia M3200CH-435,12 speed auto Cat 12 kw Genset, Roadtrip Mission in-mot Dish Network, Washer dryer combo, Jeep Liberty toad,1973 Cessna Skylane,1955 Chev 210 Belair survivor
samcrimm is offline   Reply With Quote