View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 11:15 PM   #117
38Chevy454

Just returned this past weekend from a trip to Bonneville Salt Flats for Speedweek, then some camping in CO on the way home. Dry camping at Bonneville, the residential frig did fine and ran the generator for A/C every evening to cool the coach down and charge batteries back up. Drove about 2100 miles in total. From I-80 around Park City took off onto UT Hwy 40 across heading east and dropped down into Grand Junction. Hwy 40 is a very pretty drive. From GJ took CO Hwy 50 to Canon City, and then mostly I-25 back home from there. Drove Hwy 50 over Monarch pass at 11,312 ft. No issues on the mountain grades maintaining the speed limit, and nice to just let the engine brake do its thing on way down. Saw some really pretty scenery in the mountains. Flat-towed my 52 GMC hot rod pickup behind the coach the whole trip.

I will say that while the mountain driving is not any problem, it is more relaxing for me as driver on the interstate. I can put 600-700 miles on interstate, but the mountain days 350-400 is plenty.