Thread: water tanks
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 05:33 PM   #2
Bob86ZZ4

Mine has 200 gallons fresh, 75 grey, 25 black. I bought it used so had no choice of sizes. I thought that black sounded kind of small. But, I've never come close to filling the black when the grey fills up. I am happy with these sizes. I think my wife and I can go about a week before needing to dump out. And that would be with taking several showers along the way because we jog and bike quite a bit. I like having 200 fresh. I like to fill those (there are 2 100 gallon fresh tanks under the bed) before we leave. I like to use my city water rather than trusting park water on the road. I never hook up to the park water when at a campground. I always like to use the water pump and my fresh water tanks for all household water needs. Much easier to turn off the electric pump when not needing it. I don't trust the plumbing system to not spring a leak and flood the camper with city water pressure. We also never drink the fresh water. Even though I do flush it out once a year and do the bleach treatment. I just buy gallon jugs of drinking water for $0.88 and we use those to drink, and make pasta.