View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 01:51 PM   #136
Bob86ZZ4

38chevy, good thought. When I originally was planning it out I thought I would install the two batteries onto the frame and lift the whole thing up to the position and then bolt those plates across the top to hold it up there. Then when I started doing it I figured it would be too hard to get the whole thing up there. At that point I should have figured out to put the top rail across inside the frame like you said. But I'm not smart enough. I think it would be not too difficult to change it to the way you suggested. Just have to make a good support with a couple floor jacks and re-position it. If the carrier frame top rail is too long to fit crossways between the frame rails then I'll have to take it all down and trim off the ends a bit.

All of the drilling was done using my drill press before I welded it all together. I only had to drill those two for the I bolts to secure the threaded rod for the hold-downs.