Thread: Frame Welding
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 11:01 PM   #397
Kenn

Default 2016 ATHS convention

I just got home Sunday afternoon from the American Truck Historical Society convention and show. Wow! about 900 cool trucks from all over the country and Canada. I arrived on Tuesday and got a great spot on the grass in the shade. The show was held at the Oregon State Fair & Expo Center in Salem Oregon. Salem is about an hour from my house so it was an easy trip. Six days of looking at some old and new trucks. I saw a few conversions so I only got pictures of a 52 Peterbilt owned by the good people of Courtland Truck Works located in Courtland Calif. A nice looking rig built on an early sixties Mack. I went by every day and never saw anyone around to truck. I also made a stainless grab handle for the new cabinet. It works great to have something to hold on to while going up and down the stairs. I gave several tours of the motorhome each day with lots of kind words. I even had a few ask how much $$$$ to build one on their truck. All systems worked as designed except that the plunger on my Tri-Mark door latch broke the Sunday before I left. I was able to have a replacement overnighted to my sister in Salem and by Tuesday night I was hole again. The Show ended Sunday with what they called a "Truck Cruse". About 35 big rigs of all shapes and size toured the Salem area and we stopped to see a great car and truck collection in Newberg and then had lunch at the Evergreen Air Museum in McMinnville the home of the Spruce Goose. I live about thirty minutes away so I was home by dinner time.
Attached Thumbnails
20160525_141541.jpg   20160525_141855.jpg  
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote