View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 08:26 PM   #2
tgdameron

You need to assess your power needs, leaving out the fridge, to determine the watts needed and how many batteries it would take to meet your needs plus some % over to ensure you don't discharge batteries much below 50%. Once that is done you can add in the fridge requirements of electric vs electric/propane. Be sure to factor in the temperature as much as possible as that really affects the amount of time an electric fridge runs. Many use solar but it efficiency runs from less than 10% to no more than 50% per daylight hour due the many factors that affect solar panels.

In my case I only 6 hours before reaching 50% and needing the generator for 2 hours with an all electric fridge. I have 3 batteries for 300 total amp hours. For us we run the generator as much as necessary as we live in Arizona and most boondocking is done where the temperature ranges from 85 to 110 in daytime, which really requires the fridge to work harder.