View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 06:23 PM   #120
bushpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot rod View Post
All this makes me appreciate my two way rv fridge. It will run on my propane tanks pretty much indefinitely by comparison. I only have a single group 24 deep cycle, but I normally run the generator at some point for the microwave or ac at some point anyway. But I know I can park it in the driveway for almost two days when I get home before I have to worry about plugging it in for the refrigerator to stay cold.
same here, i love our RV (propane / ac volt) fridge...

might be a different story if we were full time, but it keeps plenty of food cold for us even on a trip that lasts several weeks.

I installed an ARP emergency (over temp) shut off - the ARP measures the temperature of the (ammonia boiler) and kills the power to the fridge if it gets over 420* (f). This is the #1 source of Fridge fires and probably RV fires.

I also installed Fridge Fix RV fan system (blows air across the cooling fins) to prevent icing....ive left the fridge running for more than 8 weeks (in humid temperatures) and not had any ice build up.

I tried a competitive solution from RV cooling unit warehouse....it didn't work nearly as well as the Smart RV Products unit.
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote