View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 09:18 PM   #6
85 359 Pete

Thanks for the input guys.

I thought I'd post an update to my story, it's been a while since I've been on here.

I had absolutely no luck with any of the major carriers in NC. They all came back with one of two answers. "We can't cover it because the Title came back as a Peterbilt semi truck" it's titled as a House Car which is how NC classifies RV's for some reason. or "We can't cover it because it wasn't professionally converted"

After about four weeks of "No's" my wife and started questioning whether we really should have bought this thing! On kind of a last ditch effort we contacted Grundy Collector car insurance because we have a few show cars and had thought about switching them over to get better coverage in the past. Fortunately for us they will cover any type of RV with agreed value as long as you carry a substantial amount of coverage on other vehicles. We now have agreed values on four vehicles including the ole Pete and added better coverage to a couple of our daily drivers. Our yearly rate only went up a hundred bucks over what we were paying Nationwide. It all worked out for us and I thought I'd throw Grundy's name out for anyone looking...

We have now started the full renovation of the living area and I must say we are enjoying every minute of it!
85 359 Pete is offline   Reply With Quote