View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 10:18 PM   #101
Bob86ZZ4

My original batteries were in vented boxes. White ones. Guessing the builder thought they should be vented out. The storage bay they're in has a pretty well sealing door. But there is a large vent right there behind that red switch I put in to cut the power to the 2k inverter. So, I wouldn't think the batteries would need to be vented either. But since they were I decided to vent the new boxes too. Wasn't a huge job cutting up the old boxes and cutting the holes into the new boxes. I have a very large band saw in my shop, worked great. The Iota charger/converter is mounted in the same box so I guess that might be why they figured the more venting the better. I did have to cut notches into the covers of the boxes to allow the wires to clear when putting the covers on. So it's not like the covers are real sealed up or anything.