View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 10:09 PM   #1
Bob86ZZ4

Default Fixed my water pump, it was making the lights flicker.

I had replaced my overhead florescent lights with l.e.d. ones. When I am on battery power alone running the water pump would make the lights flicker. Didn't bother me as much as the Mrs. Anyhow, since I ran huge wires up to the inverters in the night stand I decided to try something. I ran a 10 gauge stranded wire from the hot side of the inverter first to a 30 amp in-line fuse holder, then over by the water pump (which is only a few feet over behind the bed near the inverter). I wired up a 30 amp relay to the water pump. So, when you turn the power switch on for the water pump it energizes this relay causing it to pull in and complete the circuit for the 10 gauge wire to the water pump. It also creates a direct path for that power from the batteries to the pump, not through the fuse panel where they must have wired the pump circuit close to the lighting, if not the same fuse? Now the lights don't flicker when I run the water. I had wanted to do this for awhile but I didn't want to go to the trouble of running the wire down to the batteries. Since I now have big power available at the inverter it was a no brainer. MrsBob86ZZ4 is going to be so happy now. Now, let's see if I can get the pictures to work. Anybody see them? Anybody not see them? Thanks!!