View Single Post
Old 03-17-2016, 06:46 AM   #14
superbird03

I live near Madison, Wi.... Their they manufacture the FRP panels for Morgan. Not sure of other manufacturing companies closer to you of the material? Price wise is kind of pricey. I was looking for a sheet of 8 foot wide by 28 feet long and I believe it was around $2k. If I were you I might look for a small FRP box and cut out what you need from it? Another option would be to build your structure out of what you feel most comfortable with, wood, steel, aluminum, skin it like a camper with plywood and then glue your own Filon on to the exterior.

I like your idea and agree you wouldn't be disturbing the integrity of the existing box anymore than cutting a window or door out. One thing I have done on my FRP build is anytime I cut into it, I urethane the bare wood. By doing this I am trying to seal up the wood so if water ever did get to it I would hope it would help repel it from getting in between the panel and delaminating. You can look at my build titled "45 foot T2000 Conversion with Camper".

Steve
superbird03 is offline   Reply With Quote