View Single Post
Old 03-15-2016, 10:04 PM   #68
Bob86ZZ4

It has taken me years to figure out what I know about my rig. And I'm pretty sure I don't know everything about it yet. If I was you I would check the voltage on my house batteries. Then check the chassis battery voltage. If it's different they are separated. Now, try switching some switches that you don't know what they do. And check again. You might just find the voltage the same. That will show you they are now electrically mated. I'm pretty sure there has got to be a way to connect them, and disconnect them. If the voltage was the same at the first test then start switching switches and checking voltage until you get them to be different.
I think Bushpilot's Haulmark rig is set up so the house batteries start the generator. I see pro's and con's to both ways.

I'll bet you could send a email to Renegade customer service asking where the switch is to separate the batteries. Mine is a big round thing in the battery compartment. I think they have electronic ones that use a smaller switch but have a larger box wired in that does the switching.