View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 12:08 PM   #55
Bob86ZZ4

Now the problem. The 600 watt pure sine wave inverter cuts off with an overload error code. I believe it's cutting off when the compressor tries to start up on the fridge. It seems to be fine for awhile and then cuts off. I tried using a hair dryer on the inverter and it worked fine until I got to the highest setting. The dryer starts on low so I'm guessing it doesn't spike right off like the fridge might be? So, I ordered a 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter and will convert to that. I'm going to run either 2 gauge or 1 gauge wire for that. It isn't all a loss though. I'm going to switch over the 600 watt one to power the entertainment center. That way we can use that without shore or genny power. Pretty sure the 600 watts should be fine for that. I'm going to build another level in that cabinet. Then I'll move the 600 watt unit to the upper level. And mount the 2k unit where the 600 watt one is now. Shouldn't be a huge deal. There is enough room to do the wiring into the battery box down below. I might have to run two of the conduits since that 1 gauge wire is very thick. Running one wire in each conduit will help with reducing heat too I think.