Thread: 4700 lpx build
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 07:05 PM   #8
jerzfabguy

yeah. i spoke to our driveshaft shop (that we use to build all of the driveshafts we use in the race cars we build) and they offered to come over and take the measurements and so on and tell us where and how to put the carrier bearings in too. so, the more time that goes on... i think we may tackle this project ourselves. its not the work that scared me. but the knowledge or lack thereof. now after talking to several people that really sound like they know what theyre talking about theres no doubt we can do this project. the biggest help so far has been the chrome shop mafia guys out of missouri. i sent them a message on fb yesterday and man they sent me back a reeeeeaaaalllly long message step by step how they do it. very very helpful. that is a group of people i will definitely be buying from when i need to. as a side note... do i really need to put air ride on the truck? right now there is no air system so i would have to add that to it. which again is something that can be done. just a question of is it needed or not? our truck rides a little rough now as its only 150" wb with heavy springs on the rear. but when we would haul engines back and forth to cummins (2500# each) and put 2 of them on there it rode like my suburban. so, between the weight of the toter install and our gooseneck trailer (20,000#) does it really need air ride? im not trying to wear you guys out with all of my newb questions. so i hope this doesnt grow tiresome with you guys. trust me... if/when we pull the trigger on this project there will be plenty of pics for the build section. thanks!
jerzfabguy is offline   Reply With Quote