Thread: 4700 lpx build
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 08:39 PM   #4
jerzfabguy

I don't think I question our capability with it perse. I mean in my opinion were more than capable. It's more of a thing where we don't do it everyday like a truck shop would so they'd do it in 3 days and we would take 6 is more what I was driving at. We build dragster chassis and have our line of race wheels. So it's all welding and fab. Just a matter of application is all. The driveline angle deal is something I haven't had to deal with. All the cars we've built only have one driveshaft or none in the case of a dragster. So is there a rule of thumb for driveshaft length? We always use our local driveshaft builder here in Indy so he should be a good one to ask on that stuff. I hope? Another thought id do we section the frame in the middle (like so many I've seen done) or do we extend the rails at the back and then move the suspension and axle housing back accordingly? What about adding air ride. There is no air system on the truck now but obviously it would be more comfy to drive with air ride seats and air ride suspension. Should we look at adding that? Our current trailer weighs in around 20k# so it's not crazy heavy but certainly not a lightweight by any means.
jerzfabguy is offline   Reply With Quote