View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 08:29 AM   #7
Bob86ZZ4

I really respect your ambition. And I'm guessing you are highly skilled otherwise you wouldn't even consider this build. But, have you done your homework? What you are intending to do is a huge project. Many people have done this and later wished they hadn't. Now, many have done it and are happy too. I would suggest you sit down with paper, pencil, and calculator. Then do tons of figuring. When you come up with what you think is going to be your final cost, double that. Then figure out how long it will take you. Then double that. Now you're going to be close. Now, go scour Race, Drag cars, Trailers and Engines for sale | RacingJunk Classifieds . Pretty sure you're going to be able to find what you want for less than it will cost you to build. I'm also leary of the truck you bought being able to handle the demands. Those were built for around town delivery trucks weren't they? Not over the road long haulers.

I'm sorry if I'm too negative. Part of it is the fact that I have almost no skills myself. I also watch those adds on racingjunk and constantly see rigs being offered for pennies on the dollar compared to building. I really hope for the best for you and don't want to offend. Just want to suggest this as a viable option.