View Single Post
Old 02-13-2016, 02:28 PM   #24
Bob86ZZ4

Got a fair amount of work done. Used 2" pink foam board insulation to block off the roof and wall venting. I sealed it down with a bead of silicone sealant. The plywood that the fridge sits on was only held up by a piece of 1x across the front and back. I decided that wasn't probably as strong as I want. So I cut some 2x6 and 2x4 (used what scrap I had around) and glued those to the side walls underneath (running vertically) and then ran some sheet rock screws down through the plywood into the ends of the 2x's. I think they will be under compression so not worried about them falling out of place. I had to trim back the side and top wood to allow the ever so slightly larger fridge fit in. I also wanted to allow as much air to circulate in there. I'm possibly going to cut some holes in the base plywood back near the back to allow air to circulate through. I'll see how tight the fridge is first. Other option is to put a vent in the side wall near the lower end of the cabinet.

Let's see if I can get the photos to work here:

Roof vent closed off: