Thread: New here.
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 09:34 AM   #39
38Chevy454

Mine was built on new chassis, so apparently the orig owner really wanted a KW chassis. Showhauler will build on anything, I suppose the orig owner took the warranty risk. Since mine is actually 2004 chassis, long out of any warranty. It only had 44K miles when I bought it.

Thanks for the toad comment, it is my 52 GMC that has Jaguar IFS and IRS, 350 Chevy and 700R4. To tow it four down I have a driveshaft disconnect I put in. The truck is so low the tow bar angle is bad, but it works. I tow the GMC or my wife's 2008 Ford Edge four down. Any of my other hot rods I have a std car trailer I use since they aren't set up for the flat towing.

You can't really back up with a tow bar. At least more than about 5-10 ft max in a straight line. I have done that before the toad wheels will turn due to the caster in the toad front wheel alignment. A dolly is also not able to back up, like a tow bar. You can back up a trailer of course.

Yes, the exhaust has the "dump truck style elbow" to clear the bunk, but I am going to change that and run the exhaust down underneath and out in front of the rear tires. It makes that side up top by the awning get all soot covered. Being up high is a PITA to clean. It has the same exhaust look on other side, but it is just for the generator exhaust, I'll change that too even though it does not really get the soot. It's all on my list of improvements to do. I have many items on the list for this spring and summer