View Single Post
Old 01-25-2016, 09:39 PM   #5
smithoman

Default Breadtruck assessment

Finally got to drive the breadtruck around a bit and discovered some issues. The front left tire has a big wobble at about 35 mph and after jacking up the front figured out that there are some worn parts, kingpins I think. It's currently at my mechanics while we figure out what needs repairing. I've done a bit of research and discovered some info. The truck's chassis was made by Oshkosh in Wisconsin in 1991, the body installed by Utilimaster 1992 in Indiana. I need chassis parts and so far have discovered that Oshkosh was purchased by Freighliner around 1995. My Chassis is the MT10FB. The Freightliner chassis MT35 came after the MT10. The MT35 parts are available without any hassle, the MT10 is like a ghost ship so far. I'm sure we'll find what we need out there somewhere. So far Mill Supply seems to be the source. The body is in xlnt condition and perfect for my project so I'm psyched. Gotta find these chassis parts first or it will never be roadworthy. More later as I get over this first hurdle. If anyone knows about MT10 chassis parts, any info is welcome :-) ps: I'm wishing I bought an MT35 at this point. They're all over the place for the same price and newer with less miles....live and learn. I'm still in love with my MT10 though!
smithoman is offline   Reply With Quote