View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 03:40 PM   #22
hot rod

One difference I've noted from one camper to the next is the way they vent the refrigerator. The correct way to do it is a roof vent so that you get a chimney flue effect drawing plenty of air over the coils and making the fridge more efficient. You see some folks that use a second side door higher up on the wall for the upper vent and imo there no way that would get a free flow of air through the space. Those doors are constructed to allow air to flow freely in and up, and air would would not flow freely down and out through those same holes as the rising air would have to hit the top of the space, then work its way back down to the door holes. I am assuming they do it that way for expense or convenience or the desire to have one less roof opening. When I did a rv fridge install from scratch in my race trailer through the roof I never had a problem staying plenty cold and everything frozen no matter how hot it got outside, and that was with no air conditioning on inside when it sat in the driveway. I'm curious if any of you that had issues staying cold had the sidewall style vent vs. the roof vent?
hot rod is offline   Reply With Quote