View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 09:54 PM   #8
38Chevy454

I am going to be doing similar conversion on mine once it warms up. I have a "Notcold" 1200 (12 cu ft) model, and it is a POS. Will not get real cold if ambient temps outside are above mid 80's. Warm beer is for the UK guys, my Notcold must be a Lucas designed frig!

The typical replacement many use for this 1200 is the Samsung RF18 model, which is an 18 cu ft; same width and is counter depth. It also has nice low energy usage, I hear 350 watts vs around 600 for the 1200 on AC power. I bought the frig, but still need the inverter; I will look into your link provided. Then just do the installation work, which does involve some cabinetry mods, since the Samsung is approx 6-8 inches taller than the Notcold. I have storage drawers under the current 1200, so will lose those and then have to build new base floor for new frig. I am looking forward to the swap and having a frig that actually works good.

With doors off the Samsung, it is 24 inches, which will easily fit through my 26 inch side door opening.