View Single Post
Old 01-15-2016, 05:26 PM   #6
Bob86ZZ4

I'm planning to leave the vent covers in place as original. Just need to insulate inside of them. I'm a little concerned about that roof vent. There is plywood up there from the roof. Thinking about maybe cutting a piece of plastic to seal off the vent up there under the roof vent. Then putting the foam board under that. I think if I can do that then if any water does manage to get in there it should stay up in that cavity until it evaporates.

There's a guy on another forum that has the same fridge. He said he runs his on a 400 watt modified sine wave and has for three years. He said he's only got two group 31 deep cycle and no solar. Said he can run it for a week without running the generator. I don't think I'll get that kind of run time. I'm happy to run the generator everyday for a bit. I think it's better to run it than not. I don't know about adding solar. I just don't want to spend a lot of money and I don't want to drill holes in the roof. I wonder about getting a solar panel and setting it up on a stand or something as needed?