View Single Post
Old 01-15-2016, 04:47 PM   #3
Bob86ZZ4

Sorry Don, when I took the Norcold out I put an add on craigslist and had about 5 replies in a few hours. I gave it to the first guy. He's going to put it in a fish house (we fish on frozen lakes up here in MN you know.

After pulling out the Norcold I removed the copper gas line that ran down to the manifold near my propane tank. I got a galvanized plug to screw into the manifold where I removed the line. I need to plug the hole where the copper line came into the cabinet. Thinking maybe foam spray there? Or silicone sealant?

Next is cleaning up the side walls in the opening. The builder had lined both sides with fiberglass batting. I pulled that out and it's left a lot of scruffy remains. I tried vacuuming with the shop vac. It cleaned it up some, but not that great. I used some duct tape to stick it on and pull off. That takes a lot of it off but it's rather time consuming. Any ideas how to clean that up? I don't know how they applied the batting. I wonder if they used some adhesive spray?

I need to seal off the outside access vent panel. With the residential fridge you don't want the back of it exposed to the elements. I'm thinking of cutting a piece of rigid pink foam insulation board to fit the opening and glue it to the inside of that plastic panel?

Also need to seal off the roof vent cap. Thinking maybe the same as how I intend to seal the side vent.

If anybody has advice feel free to offer it up here.