View Single Post
Old 12-23-2015, 09:21 PM   #7
Bob86ZZ4

I'm sorry I don't have any pictures from the cab side. The floor of the cab is slightly higher than the floor of my living quarters. I'm guessing the builder wanted to leave metal around the opening for structural reasons? Rather than cutting out the entire back panel of the cab you know. My truck was ordered from Freightliner brand new to be built into the camper. I don't know if the cutout was done by Freightliner or United Specialties. U/S is out of business so can't call them and ask. I think it would be pretty awkward to climb through a narrow opening. I wish my opening was larger. I have to duck down and step over to get through it. It also makes it more difficult to converse with guests while driving down the road. I'd say cut it as big as you can but leave several inches of the back wall all the way around the cab. I don't know if they put any type of reinforcement around my cutout. It's all carpeted on the cab side so I can't see anything. I'd cut it out and then try pushing the cab side to side. If there is any flex weld in some reinforcements.