View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 07:48 PM   #11
petrel

Isn't it funny how two people can share the same experience and have a completely different take away? After having to drag a trailer through the rock lined serpentine roads of a small mountain KOA, I am over a trailer and want to revisit a toad. My DW, on the other hand, loved having the dinghy and the extra flexibility and storage it afforded. She is in the other room shopping stackers!

Since we were a late arrival at the campground, the DW went to the office the next day to own up to the "landscaping" I had to do to get into our assigned site, and to question their definition of "big rig." Apparently the clerk on duty when my wife called to book our spot did not know what "65' big rig and trailer combination" really meant. The owners could not have been more apologetic or accommodating, offering us another site and refusing our request to come take a look at the landscape damage.

We had to drop the trailer and drag it with the dinghy to get out. It was impossible to get out with it on the truck, and we could not back out because I had already had to do the aforementioned landscaping to get in! Thank goodness I put a hitch on the dinghy before we left home.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0390.jpg  
petrel is offline   Reply With Quote