View Single Post
Old 11-26-2015, 09:06 AM   #78
bushpilot

Tuesday night Wazed (active/real-time routing) saved us from having to sit in a 40 minute back up on I-10 around Baton Rouge...

about 15 minute i got a pop up alert that there was a 39 minute delay ahead and then a minute later another pop up that waze found a new route for us, saving us 30 minutes....it re-routed us around the accident

CB radio conversation that their was an accident...and a couple of truckers (one local guy) confirmed my alternate route & exit.

NO GPS can do what WAZE did....not even a unit with the built in FM Traffic receiver....i know because we have one & it didn't re-route us at all !

WAZE uses data from other users (posting their speed, or lack there of & their reports of slow downs / stand stills & accidents) and it uses that data (real time) to alert other users and reroute where necessary & possible!

WAZE also allows users to report hazards on the road or shoulder & BEST Of all users can report where police activity is (on either side of the road)....so you increase your chances of knowing where radar etc may be.
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote