View Single Post
Old 11-20-2015, 12:37 PM   #74
Bob86ZZ4

I've been saved big time twice with the cb. Once we were headed west on I94 out of Minneapolis. Trucker comes on the radio and says there's a big jamb w/b. He said where to get off to miss it and what road to take to get around it. Road looked clear to me. But the wife told me I better take his advice and do the workaround. Well, when I got up the ramp and crossed over I could see the parking lot ahead on I94. Followed the side road like he said. It was not even hardly any extra miles to where we got back on I94 just past the jamb up. Coolest thing ever. Sure paid for itself that time. Another time I was w/b on I94 in Michigan. Trucker advised w/b there was a block due to accident. He told me the exit to get off to job down to I90 in Indiana to continue my w/b journey. Just as I was coming over the hill to get off I could see the parking lot. Took the exit, made the bypass smooth like he said, and I bet it wasn't more than about 5 miles longer distance anyhow. But we saved LOTS of time there, and the MN one too! That's why I like to leave it on.