View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 08:41 AM   #3
petrel

I decided to print off the list and take it to my FL dealer this morning. When I arrived, the service writer had printed a similar list and was comparing the M1, M2, & M3 service items to their "full service" package. The service writer then asked the service manager to join us and the three of us went through the lists while discussing the differences in how a motorhome was used and equipped versus an over the road rig.

Overall I think we struck a balance on the service with the manager deciding not to perform some things on the FL list that he felt were excessive (or at least not necessary for many more miles) in an RV application. I also booked an extra 30 minutes of labor for a "walk through" at the end. This should cover proper procedures for fuel filter replacement and re-prime, a better understanding of the air system and purging water from it, and a general overview of the systems and what to watch out for.

I'm also having basic service performed on the genset as well. All in, if they don't stray from their estimate, I think this will be a reasonable step towards establishing a service/maintenance baseline in the absence of any prior maintenance records.
petrel is offline   Reply With Quote