View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 04:29 PM   #1
2 Trick Rick

Default Ford E350 Uhaul to Race Hauler conversion - Low Budget Totter Home Build

For those of you that have done such a project your input is very welcome.

I have googled countless internet pages on "Uhaul to RV conversion" and figured a fleet maintained Uhaul would make a great hauler/RV camper for towing from race to race.

FIRST: This build will most likely take a few months, if not more. I only have 1 day a week to work on it, so sorry if the progress is to slow..

What It will be used for:
This will be used for Motocross and to Tow my race boat to and from the races. I would like something that will sleep 3, have a small restroom (or closet) dinner and comfortable. The back needs to have lots of storage and still have a wide enough floor space to hold a larger 4x4 ATV that will be used to tow the boat around the pits and to a from the crane area.

The Truck:
Ford 1999 E350 Uhaul (std. 200k)
Engine - V10 (runs strong, shifts strong)
Body - 14ft Box with 3ft "attic" and the body has no rust.

Mechanically she is pretty strong, plus I race boats with a guy who owns a performance car/truck shop and can fix most anything. (Big Bonus)

What I'm looking for:

I would like the back shop area to have a small NASCAR hauler feel with lots of cabinets, stainless steel counters, rubber floors, overall a clean professional look.

Couple examples:

The inside or lounge area will be in darker brown cabinets with lighter brown cloth, or basic earth tones. But this can change.

2 Trick Rick is offline   Reply With Quote