View Single Post
Old 10-16-2015, 06:31 PM   #1
sunnypoint

Default New here would like some advice on a crazee idea

hi all, glad I found this place.. idea, I have a 1995 Volvo White GMC class 8 semi tractor (paid for) also have a 2006 Fontaine 48"x102" flatbed trailer (paid for also) I'm 58 now and have always toyed with the idea of a container house.(shipping containers). Both truck and trailer are just about like new mechanical wise and no way I can get what they are worth out of them.Soooo am I crazy and would like to know what you folks think. I see three choices. 1)sell the trailer and Stretttchhh the tractor to accomodate a 20' box for lq on it. 2) buy the box and could go with a20', 40' or even 45 footer and mount permanently on the trailer. Lotsa room under trailer for genset, water tanks, plumbing all easily accessible. Realize all piping will need insulation and it'll be a pain in the @## to move around but I'm a truck driver & mechanic (certified Journeyman Industrial Mechanic,,, sooo should be able to self-do all this...I'm looking for input or thoughts or suggestions or a ticket to the asylum. thx Brad
sunnypoint is offline   Reply With Quote