Thread: Hello from VA
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 04:03 PM   #14
bushpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrel View Post
That is a great looking rig! Thanks for sharing the photo.

All of this RV shopping and trip planning is making me crazy. If the children weren't so darned much fun on trips, I think I'd transfer them to boarding school, buy a rig that fits OUR needs, and vanish for a few months!

By the way, I will take all the help I can get finding a rig. Thanks to all!
I always warned our kids that i'd be the Rodney Dangerfield of the 1986 "back to school movie" & haunt them....of which we have while they've been in college.

thats one of our kids in the chair having a bloody mary for breakfast w/ me at Tx A&M last weekend....the coach is clean cause i just (paid someone $200) hand washed and waxed it (i had some oxidization going on, on top of the hood, and an *I* buffed that out myself).

i need to polish the wheels (25 buck each).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob86ZZ4 View Post
This is exciting. I love shopping, especially with somebody else's money. With a truck conversion you are going to have a bit less space inside than an equivalent length Class A. But the trade-off is worth it for me. Nothing like zooming up those mountain passes past all the A's crawling up the shoulder with their flashers on. Yee haw!!
never owned a class A / pusher but i don't have any lack of storage...now that the kids aren't traveling w/ us - we use the bed over the cab to store some blankets, pillows (for the sleeper sofa) and some chairs.

my favorite part of our run from houston tx to winchester va is the hills around chattanooga....pretty steep, and I'm in the left lane passing slower cars and every truck thats making that climb.

as bob says no lack of power....even when we went to Sedona & The Grand Canyon this past June....7% grades were nothing for our rig.
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote