Thread: Lights and TV
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 09:25 AM   #2
bushpilot

LIGHTS: Ive got the same ones. I found LED replacements at a local truck chrome shop - i couldn't find them on-line.

ANTENNAs: I have the Winegard Road Star RS2000 - its like ANY antenna will pick up Over The Air - you do NOT need a special antenna to pick up OTA Digital TV (DTV).

the batwings and jack antennas have to be pointed - and may need to be re-aimed overtime you change to a different station... the batwings & jack have longer range and can pick up station further away.

the RoadStar (round) antennas are omni-directional & never have to be aimed or pointed, just turn it on and let your digital ready tv (or your digital to analog converter) scan/find & programs the station list.

MY experience w/ the RoadStar RS2000 is that the range is pretty good - and certainly good enough for most camping....i am more than 30 miles from the Houston Broadcast transmitter antennas and i get a great signal (even when the coach is in my METAL storage building), if I'm in a remote area i don't believe ANYTHING is really going to work well (unless you pick have a tower).

I use TWO OTA HDTV websites -

Antenna Web - will provide you with the DISTANCE & Direction of the HDTV Broadcast transmitters and it will tell you what direction (in degrees) - i find that you can get different results, depending on if you use just he location zip code or the actual location address.

TitanTV - is the equivalent of a realtime (and future) TV Guide / Program Guide or Channel Program list of whats on TV, right now....you just type in your zipcode or address & select the option for what broadcast provider you're using....cable, satellite or OTA.

BOTH of these websites or APPS have mobile options (for your phone)....great for when traveling & they'll even use your "present" location (if you enable "location based services" for the apps).

Ive attached a the screen shot image/map & station listing (the results from AntennaWeb).

bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote