View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 10:00 AM   #58
superbird03

Default Slideout quote from Norco and Accu Slide

Well we were finally able to use the camper rather than work on it! It is far from done but all the mechanicals work and didn't have any problems. Went on a fishing trip up north of Spooner Wisconsin for 4 days and then went to and raced at the World Series in Cordova the following weekend. Everything worked out great. Fuel mileage on the truck towing a 16 foot fishing boat was 10.8mpg (calculated by the dash), fuel mileage towing stacker trailer with 3 race cars, a jr dragster, scooter and golf cart (24,500lbs) 6.3mpg! Both were calculated driving 72mph. I didn't think it would knock it down quite that much with the car trailer but I guess that is a lot of weight.

I am trying to get a game plan together for progress this winter on the camper and I want to get my 2nd slide out installed. After a not so pleasant conversation with the sales rep for Norco who manufacture the Accu Slide slide out that I want to install in the side to match the rear slide he came thru with a quote. (Sales rep didn't want to deal with me as I am not OEM... I explained that there was nothing on your website that says you only deal with OEM and that your tech line is the one that sent me the design guide for ordering a slide out. He said they shouldn't of and that he gets 10 calls a week from people just like me that think they can order a slide out and I quote "duct tape one into the wall"! He was a real gem to work with but I haven't found another system I can order and is as easy to install.

My rough opening is 6ft tall by 12 feet long and the slide out will be 3 feet deep, the price comes out to $1275 which includes the motor, assembled frame that screws into the opening, electrical switch, all pulleys and cables, mounting brackets, exterior trim covering, emergency motor override tool, boxed and crated. I will be picking it up in Elkhart so there will not be any shipping cost. I was hoping it would be under $1,000 but not the end of the world. I will still have to build the actual room part that slides in and out but I have all the other material priced and I should still be able to keep the total cost of the slide out to around $2,000.
Attached Thumbnails
20150814_171946.jpg   20150814_162943.jpg   20150828_140116.jpg   20150830_184640.jpg  
superbird03 is offline   Reply With Quote