View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 12:55 AM   #5
hot rod

If his truck is like mine it is way oversprung empty, but that just makes the ride rough, it doesn't handle funny. And the ride is better with the trailer attached and weight on the springs. His handling gets worse with the trailer. My thought was that some problem with the truck (like king pins for example) may have not been real noticeable when empty, and just feels worse with the trailer. Lots of things it could be.

Tandem duals is an odd set up for a 5th wheel. Must be a high end rig, you usually don't see the nice expensive 10k axles on the mass produced units. While being level is still important, two axles trailers don't usually get as squirrelly as triaxles when they are off a bit. What kind of suspension is on the trailer? Torsion? Air ride? MorRyde independent? Do you have any sort of an air hitch on the truck or a 5th airborne type setup on the trailer end of the hitch? I've got a Trailer Saver air ride hitch on mine, and while the air pressure range is pretty broad, if you are way off it can allow the trailer to porpoise some on a rough road.
hot rod is offline   Reply With Quote