View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 11:19 AM   #33
DeepVee

38Chevy454, Who's the manufacturer of your truck and what does your sticker say for the front axle capacity? With a light load of fuel we were at 14,860 lbs on the front and 22620 lbs on the rear tandems. Hopefully you have the H-rated (7160 lb) 11R's and not the G-rated 11R's? Our first sign of a problem was the squat in the side wall of the 11R's. One of the tire guys we went to could tell we were overloading the tires just by looking at the side wall.

The big change in mind set for me happened after I went and talked to the Renegade guys at SportTruck | Home . The owner was extremely helpful and told me how they went through their own learning curve on the front axle capacities. He said they started by changing a few 16K front axle trucks over to 18K before deciding to go to 18K on all the new 40' trucks.

We also had a problem steering our truck at slow speeds or when sitting still. Our new set-up uses the same steering box as before but we'll have a secondary steering ram on the other side of the truck for steering assist.
DeepVee is offline   Reply With Quote