View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 08:30 AM   #20
Bob86ZZ4

I think that ronfisherman and JohnnyT need to be reprimanded. I just sent an email through marcusvip@goodsamfamily.com which is what comes up when you first go to rv.net where marcus lemonis claims he wants to be contacted by anybody with concerns. Here is the text of my email:

To whom it may concern (not that I actually believe anybody there is concerned about this, but it's worth a try),

Quite some time ago I started a discussion in the rv.net forum asking about the possibility of a sub forum addressing the "Truck Conversion" chassis rv. My forum user name is "Bob86ZZ4." The forums have 9 different sections for various types of campers but no section dedicated to "Truck Conversions." Please see the wikipedia "recreational vehicle" definition for an explanation of what a "Truck Conversion" is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ional_vehicles . I was attacked by many, including the moderators that go by the name "ronfisherman" and "JohnnyT." These moderators were extremely rude on your public forums. They said that a "Truck Conversion" is just a large Class C and fits into the "Super C" section of your forums. Many T/C owners and others commented that a T/C is actually a distinct type of chassis/rv and does merit it's own section. There are other rv forums that do have distinct sections for T/C's (iRV2 Forum | - RV Forum Community and RV News, Escapee's RV Network, and Truck Conversion & Toterhome Community - Powered by vBulletin come to mind). I believe having a section of your forums for T/C's would benefit the users of your forums. Your moderators simply refused to allow the discussion of the topic, editing posts, deleting posts, and eventually locking the thread and deleting it. Since then other users have started threads similar to mine which have also been locked and deleted. Your moderators told me in a private message that there is no interest in such a forums section for T/C's. Clearly that is not the case. Recently a thread was started here: Escapees Discussion Forum I posted a reply in that thread and within an hour that reply was deleted. I had saved the reply in case it was deleted and here is the text of my reply: Posted: 05/16/15 02:25pm Link | Quote | Edit | Print | Notify Moderator
I don't think I've ever seen a "Super C" Volvo chassis. I've seen plenty of "Truck Conversions" built on Volvo heavy duty truck (Class 7/8) chassis.

Clearly my reply was not in any violation of forum rules. I sent a private message to moderator "ronfisherman" asking why my post was deleted and here is his response:
Sent: 05/17/15 03:57am
Subject: RE: my post was deleted, why?
On RV.NET we do not have a Conversion forum. So they all go under the Super C forum. Your statement was questioning where it belongs on RV.NET.
Best
Ronfisherman.

Clearly I was not "...questioning where it belongs on RV.NET." I was simply clarifying what type of chassis the thread starter was looking for. I (and many other T/C owners I've talked to) truly believe that a T/C is a distinct and separate type of chassis and deserves to have a forum dedicated to it just as the other 9 forum sections (on rv.net) are dedicated to their type of chassis. Your moderators refusal to even allow discussion of this is clearly contrary to a friendly environment open to all types of recreational vehicle users. I sincerely hope your forum administration considers adding a chassis section for T/C's and doing so will certainly do a lot to promote a more welcome environment.

Anybody think I'll get a reply to that?