View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 11:37 AM   #12
qwcslvr1

Those door covers you speak of were actually foldout patios 21'x8' and 17'x8'. They were very heavy and required a winch system to use making them not as user friendly as we liked ,so, we have designed a lightweight multi-panel system that will be able to be lowered and raised manually a section at a time without major effort. Those "side glass units" are actually commercial 12ft. double sliding patio doors. As far as a wrap or plastidip goes we didn't want "cover up" flaws etc. but instead took the time to refinish it properly by stripping it down, repairing, and refinishing the coach.

There are several different ways to negotiate a paint job, The painter I used is very fair priced. I personally negotiated a deal where he quoted me all labor and I agreed to pay for materials directly. There are several levels of pricing in materials (single stage, metallic single stage, cheap paint, high end ,on and on and on) I personally opted to spend more on the materials to ensure good color and long life. I used base coat/clear Dupont minimum of 3 or more coats of each color and the clear. I also went with the best UV protectant clear coat for long color life. All that said, I still haven't added it all up but figure I'm probably only in the $12ish to $14,000. range all inclusive. when totally completed we will price this trailer around $97,500
qwcslvr1 is offline   Reply With Quote