View Single Post
Old 05-08-2015, 10:54 AM   #6
bushpilot

Our coach has TWO battery switches (on or off is the only setting, unfortunately there is no either or or combine option. the Off position terminates the flow to/from the batteries.

When I'm in storage i terminate the battery connection by switching the house batteries OFF. This also prevents the converter/charger from charging the HOUSE batts.

I run a separate battery maintainers (batteryminder) - one for the house batts & one for the chassis/engine battery.

I USED to terminate (turn off) my engine batteries when in storage - but i got tired of resetting the XM/Dash stereo programs....i just leave the engine batteries "ON" now & let the charger maintain the engine batteries.

There SHOULD be a Battery Isolation Relay (mine is in the house battery bay) - that relay allows the automatic combine of the engine/house batteries (when the engine/alternator is running & outputting 13.4v).

If you DONT have a battery isolation relay i suggest the BLUESEA (automatic) - I run the BlueSea relay on my F350 for a 3rd battery that i added (under the truck on the frame rail).
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote