View Single Post
Old 04-16-2015, 03:22 PM   #47
superbird03

Default Slideout removal and installation

So I am removing the slide out from the wrecked camper I have. I found out it is made by Norco and if anyone is looking to do an install on one, I believe this is going to be the most cost effective and least destructive to an already built camper. Here is a link to one of their flyers: http://www.primetimerv.com/download/...yNorco-FAQ.pdf

Very basic theory of push and pull on the mechanism with cables. Nothing has to go under the floor and no exotic track systems. Looking forward to trying it out. I am to the point of mounting it in my truck. I had to frame out the rear where the roll up door was to the dimensions required. I did this and then bondoed up the welds followed with paint. Unfortunately the paint color was wrong so I get to repaint it again Anyways I will be doing that this weekend, but have been mounting the 2 pulley blocks and motor. This is all that needs to be mounted for the slide out other than the "picture frame" part of the slide. I chose to frame the door opening with 3/16 rectangular tubing. I matched what was already there. If I could have done it over I would have used some thinner material as I could have used self tapping screws to secure the frame of the slide out to rather than drill and tap number 8 fine thread screws all the way around! Either way it's turning out nice. Here are the pictures I have so far. Hopefully in another week I will be installing the actual slide.
Attached Thumbnails
20150314_124017_resized_1.jpg   20150314_130105_resized_2.jpg   20150330_210027_resized.jpg   20150402_220415_resized_2.jpg  
superbird03 is offline   Reply With Quote