Thread: Hi From NM
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2015, 08:12 PM   #12
38Chevy454

Thanks for the compliments on the COE. Cab and front sheetmetal is stock, except for a 4 inch chop. Chassis is a 74 GM 1-ton reg cab longbed pickup which is the shortest dually frame. 350 Chevy and Turbo 400, GM 14-bolt rear. Engine is just a good running very mild performance. Flatbed is fabricated by me, 10 ft length and 74 inches width, it is diamond plate steel so I haul junk on it all the time. The rear fenders are actually 46-47 Ford big truck front fenders cut and modified to work. Airbags on front, rear is flipped on top of the stock leafs; someday would like to airbag the rear also. Has P/S, P/B, A/C, I drive it all over, it drove to Bonneville for Speedweek 6 years straight 2007-2012. Last couple years i have taken the 37 Chevy Ute on a trailer.

The COE can pull a trailer, but it is kind of weak vs my other trucks. Long term it would be nice to put a 4BT Cummins in it. However, for now it runs and drives nice, I can cruise at 75 no problem, just takes gas at 10-11 mpg. Not exactly the most aerodymanic thing! I hauled 24 railroad ties on one load with it last summer for a house project, that was a decent load for sure.
38Chevy454 is offline   Reply With Quote