Thread: Hi all
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 05:00 AM   #3
Sculptor57

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushpilot View Post
Welcome ! How big a Trailer do you have ?
Thanks BushPilot! Nice of you to shout out to the new guy.

Our camper is a 5k R-Vision Trail Lite, 26 feet. The camper is fine for our needs at this time, but too small to even consider for full time.

I have some boating background, and have read many accounts of the live-aboard experience. Some boats are designed for it and some are not. So I will approach our next rig with a strong bias toward sturdy and reliable.

The GMC I own is an 01 heavy half ton. I like the interior pretty well and the new models will be fine for me. I not had any problems with the engine. 5.3 is not 5.7. It's the American Axle components especially the rear axle and brake rotors that I have replaced so many times. The northern trucks are known for heavy corrosion of brake lines. GM refuses to talk about it. At 156k miles I have maybe $5000 into just these items. DE-ranting.......

Everyone knows the HDT's are engineered better for longer life, so I think I'm going to spend less money over time. On the other hand. a brake rotor might cost a weeks wages to replace. I hope to read more about this to help make up my mind.

I'm glad you asked!
Sculptor57 is offline   Reply With Quote