Thread: I just joined!
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 09:32 AM   #54
Mntom

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERUSONE View Post
4 is better than 2 right? These are actually quadrotor whipple superchargers. They are a screw type charger with a male and female rotor. Those 2 low profile blowers are axial rear entry blowers and they can move way more air than a 1471 roots. They are extremely efficient also. They take about 100hp less to drive them than an equivalent roots type set up. It's all EFI with MOAC (Mother Of All Coolers) Intercoolers. The intercooler is over 4" thick and sits down in the manifold made out of cuprous nickle. They take raw water out of the lake and then dump it out of the sides of the boat. It shoots 3 1" streams out of both sides of the boat about 20' when you are in it. My intake air temp is usually only a couple of degrees warmer than ambient air Temps even at 17#'s of boost depending on water temp. They also have knock protection. If they sense detonation, they will pull timing out or add fuel or both until it stops it. It is unbelievable how far this technology has come in the last 10 years. They are turn key reliable as well.
WOW!! That would be amazing to ride in! I can't even imagine what the power would feel like.