View Single Post
Old 12-01-2014, 01:43 PM   #18
bushpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERUSONE View Post
I just booked the week of Christmas at this place. Buena Vista Coastal RV Resort - Coastal living at its finest. I got us one with a Tiki hut, grill and fireplace. And they allow golf carts. It is right across the street from the gulf.

we just toured Buena Vista Coastal RV....

205k and up for the lots, plus 250ish for the coach house (no garage),
there are some plans for coach houses with a separate (enclosed) garage - but theyre still in the planning stages so no mention of prices (ill assume the construction rates of 200 bucks per sq foot apply).

the association fees are over 300 a month & the insurance is a pooled (escrow) insurance.

HOA Architecture committee consists of 5 votes (one held by the developer).

It's interesting in that theyre building some elaborate pool/beach/water park w/ restaurant - that will be owned by the developer and LEASED out....It seems that someone has a plan to allow access to that water park (and the in-door pool/conf center at the front of the "community") via a back entrance road.

the coach houses are all constructed of cinderblock (filled w/ concrete)....and theyre still charging 200 bucks per sq foot...pretty pricey imo.

rentals are managed by a 3rd party. Owners receive 70% of the rental fee...i have a feeling the developer is getting a cut too (but i didnt drill down on it).

theres one lot for sale by owner - its probably the best deal given the owner is only asking 225k and has already built the outdoor kitchen/fire place & tiki hut.

400k+ for an RV lot (70' x 40') seems pretty pricey to me, consider I've still got to have a coach (and the coach cant be older than 10yrs).
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote