View Single Post
Old 11-30-2014, 03:10 PM   #9
Bob86ZZ4

There are some hauling the newer longer Smarts on their deck sideways. Don't ask, don't tell. That works best. I think you'd have to do something very dumb to attract the attention of a law enforcement officer to the point of bothering to measure that extra 3" wide per side. I wouldn't worry about it. Or else build the deck long enough to load it fore/aft. I'd do that and make it long enough to haul a wide variety of cars that way. That doesn't limit you to a Smart. And if you did have a Smart you could load it sideways and maybe put a scooter or some other toy along side that. Did you see some of the guys that put a box on their truck to put the car in? You can buy a used box with roll up door pretty reasonable. 1rod, J&V, and Rick and Alana have done that. I think some others have too but not sure. I really like that setup. 2014 HDT Rally Truck Photos