View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 09:04 PM   #14
hot rod

Tom, you are correct about leo's not always paying attention to what is right in front of them. On a trip to Florida 2 years ago I pulled into the scale with my dually and 40' trailer and got the red light around to the stationary scale. So I'm sitting there sweating for a few minutes til the light finally turns green and I start to roll... and I hear "whoa, whoa, whoa! Back that thing up!". This can't be good. So I back onto the scale and get the "bring your paper work inside", and the first thing out of his mouth when I get in there is "hey, you know that thing weights almost 29000#?". Which of course I know, but I play dumb, "really?". So short story long, he didn't pay any attention to the fact that I was about 8000# over what the truck is rated to tow, but he was worried that I needed a fuel permit since I was over 26000#. And a trip permit. All about the money. Nice clean shiny safe looking rig, not all sagged out, didn't look overloaded. All about the money. $165 worth of permits and 15 minutes later I'm rolling my 29000# on down the road.
hot rod is offline   Reply With Quote