View Single Post
Old 10-28-2014, 04:26 PM   #11
bmzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mntom View Post
You are in the same boat as me. My wife doesn't even like to drive my pick up, let alone anything bigger... But something else to consider is like my situation, I am 59 years old so I would be looking at replacing my pick up probably two more times in my lifetime, but the HDT would in all reality be the last truck I would buy. The cost savings is huge.
I have been weighing the costs quite a bit today. I turned 37 yesterday, so, like you, I would be replacing the F450 several times throughout my lifetime. I'm not in a huge hurry, so I may take my time to build the truck right the first time in hopes that it would be the last one I ever bought.

I'm going to begin the conversation with her this evening. Wish me luck. She wouldn't even ride in the FL70 when I brought it home for a one night stand.

Bob, I'll be sure and reference your thread during the conversation.

Another thing in the plus column for a HDT is that I could haul another vehicle on the bed of the truck. I see that the Smart cars are pretty popular, but in my case, it would be another Polaris RZR. With the toy hauler, I'm limited to only one vehicle. With the HDT and a rear bed rack, I could haul two.

Current race car - https://www.flickr.com/photos/octane...57641092875673

bmzero is offline   Reply With Quote