View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 09:56 PM   #1
bmzero

Default Smaller Toterhome?

So, as many of you are I'm sure, I'm constantly searching for the perfect RV/hauler for my needs. I have tried everything out there, even a Custom Uhaul build (http://www.truckconversion.net/forum...y-hauler-7133/).

Currently, I'm using a 38' Keystone Raptor toy hauler, but I can only haul one UTV in the back, which limits its usefulness.

Over the past weekend, I was convinced I had found another pretty good option. It's a Freightliner FL70 conversion with a Roadmaster box on it. Full living quarters on the inside and a Cat 400/6-speed auto.

I absolutely loved it, but I'm not sure I could get a bigger (40' and up) trailer into my neighborhood with it. With the F450, I can get a 48' into the neighborhood. It isn't easy, but possible.

After a trial one night stand, I took the FL70 back to the owner with bad news that it wasn't going to work out.

So, that started me thinking about another angle. What I really like about the toterhome is the minimal living quarters and the gooseneck hitch. What I don't like about it is the huge size, 22.5" wheels/huge tires, air brakes, and overall bad road manors (although still a very cool vehicle). So, why has no one created a smaller (F450/E450-based toterhome)? It seems like a pretty useful vehicle to me.

Has anyone seen photos of a light-truck based toterhome?
bmzero is offline   Reply With Quote