View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 09:54 AM   #19
bushpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot rod View Post
Don- how did you remove the covers? Just have to break them off? Once the cover is off is there something substantial to put the pliers to, just that same flat that the tool uses, just easier to get to without the cover?
On mine there were 3 very tiny screws (on the back side) of the security covers.

I removed the security covers (after having them on over a year) because my wheel / tire stem openings had tight clearance issues with the covers on the sensors....and because i was less paranoid about theft (my sensors are barely visible w/ the security covers removed).

with the covers removed you can turn the sensor (by hand) OR you can more easily get a pair of right angled needle nose pliers on the back of the sensor (where the TST tool would go).

remember i have the sensors with the user accessible/changeable batteries - one a couple that have been "tight" coming off the valve stem - the battery access (cap) sometimes spins off before i can get the sensor off the stem/threads....so i use something similar to these - the angled needle nose pliers allows me to reach around the back of the sensor to grab the same wrench point that the TST tool mates to...

bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote