View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 03:54 PM   #5
bushpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot rod View Post
I had a bad experience with two xantrex convertor/chargers, one the old original, and then the "new improved" version, both of which crapped out after intermittent issues. Different product, same manufacturer, but still. I went with a progressive dynamics unit that has been flawless. Not sure if they have the item you need or not: RV and Motorhome Power Supplies, Converters and Centers from Progressive Dynamics

I bought my unit from: BestConverter - Converters, Inverters, Electrical Supplies, Electronics they carry a wide variety of rv electrical and were very knowledgeable and had helpful hints for my project. I'd give them a call.
welcome input on xantrex, i appreciate it.

progressive dynamics doesnt make any (dc/ac) inverters - they manufacture (ac/dc) converters and (12vdc) chargers....i have a Progressive Dynamics Converter/Charger (with the charge wizard option) and I'm very happy with it & its much better than the POS parallax that burnt up (my fault, but a welcome opportunity).

Ill reach out to the guys at bestconverter to see what they might suggest for an inverter w/ pass thru (built-in transfer switch) - i don't mind having an inverter/charger (as long as the charger can be disabled or switched off).

I don't need one of those high dollar Freedom SW or 458 units - more than i want to spend & only ends up providing functions that i already have in other equipment.
bushpilot is offline   Reply With Quote