View Single Post
Old 05-27-2014, 08:13 PM   #4
A.J.

Enclose trailer is my choice.
We are a 45ft. garage motor coach and we haul an 18'6" tandem axle enclosed cargo mate with a 3' tongue. Overall length 66'6" when connected.
Box is 8' wide. Interior has wheel well boxes make sure you take these into consideration when measuring interior width in the trailer so your car or toys will fit.
I like the 8' box because the wheels on the trailer are in line with the truck., nice clean look down the sides.
The truck and trailer are even down the sides the trailer wheels don't stick out as with an 8'.6" wide box.
The tote, I don't like it. I don't like the way it mounts. How would that disconnect when you want to lower your rear door? Is it a hassle to do? ratchets and wrenches? pins?
Tiny wheels, will it hold the cargo weight, smart car only,? what about a golf cart, bicycles don't forget the quads the list is endless.
With the trailer you disconnect then crank it down or if your really lazy you can get a power crank.
With the trailer, you find out where the storage yard or area is then go drop your trailer
then go to your spot. If we can swing the entire set up in the spot then we do that.
Its really never been that big of a deal.
Plus, the trailer is enclosed (no rock chipped paint or glass, always clean) and always has more room.
And the trailer works for unruly guests that may have partied a little too much or kids, teens and pets when they want their own space or even you when you just need a break from the break.
The trailer does double duty work as a second living room once the toys or car are out with power for t.v. dvd, stereo, fridge and A/C. (did someone say man cave)
My vote based on experience, trailer.
Buy used make it what you need don't be worried about a few extra feet once you do it a few times it becomes second nature.
A.J. is offline   Reply With Quote